Free Glasgow Pension Advice
Based in Glasgow, Scottish Pension Advice is ideally placed to help with local financial questions. Our advisors are qualified and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide pensions advice.
We can provide you with a range of pension services from starting your first pension, through to advice on retirement and the best mechanisms for withdrawing your pension in a tax efficient way.
Face to Face Glasgow Pensions Support
We would be delighted to meet face to face to discuss your pension and help you plan for the future. We initially conduct a fact find exercise to understand your objectives and current pension position. This allows our qualified pension advisors to provide the best advice for you.
Questions About Pensions
We’re frequently asked questions about pensions such as
- How much should I retire with?
- Am I paying enough into my pension?
- Will I be able to take my tax free pension allowance at 55?
- How do I manage all of my pensions efficiently?
Whatever your question, our Glasgow based pensions advisors can answer any question you may have.
Final Salary Pension Glasgow
If you have a final salary pension you may be thinking about accessing your pension and switch to a private pension so you can receive your tax free allowance.
There have been plenty of stories in the press recently about the pension freedom changes from 2015 and people wanting to access their money. There’s also been uncertainty surrounding final salary pensions and whether they are as secure as they should be.
You may decide that transferring your pension out of a defined benefit scheme and into a private pension is right for you, but it’s always best to seek advice first. There are many reasons that people want to switch out of their final salary scheme, including
- You want to access your tax free allowance of 25% of your pension pot
- You feel uncomfortable with your current final salary pension and don’t feel it’s as secure as you would like
- You have health concerns and believe it’s better to have the money now, rather than later
- You want your family to benefit from your pension when the time comes
Whatever your reason for wanting to transfer your pension, we’re here to support you. We’ll provide you with advice and someone to talk to about your pension options. We don’t always recommend transferring out of a Glasgow defined benefit / final salary pension, but we will explain all of your options so you can make an informed, balanced decision about your pension.